Blank Rome is an Am Law 100 firm with 14 offices and nearly 700 attorneys who provide comprehensive legal and advocacy services to clients operating in the United States and around the world. Our professionals have built a reputation for their leading knowledge and experience across a spectrum of industries and are recognized for their commitment to pro bono work in their communities. Since our inception in 1946, Blank Rome’s culture has been dedicated to providing top-level service to all of our clients and has been rooted in the strength of our diversity and inclusion initiatives. Our commitment to our core values and dedication to providing a supportive and inclusive work environment, allows the Firm to attract and retain the brightest in the industry.
The Hospitality Coordinator plays a vital role with the responsibility to coordinate catering deliveries to meetings throughout the office. The Hospitality Coordinator must work closely with Blank Rome team members to ensure rooms are organized, set up and cleaned up in a timely manner.
This role is an in-office working arrangement. Potential candidates must live within commuting distance of our Philadelphia office to be onsite 5 days per week. In this role, you will report to the Office Administrator.
- Transport meals and associated items to conference rooms or offices.
- Clean up conference rooms after events to ensure no food, plates, beverages or other debris remain behind.
- Consult with Blank Rome employee about any meals or head count changes prior to event.
- Inspect final arrangements with Blank Rome employee to ensure satisfaction.
- Submit orders for coffee stations and paper/pantry supplies.
- Ensure that all coffee makers, ice machines, refrigerators and microwaves are in good working order.
- Maintain all pantries pars with replenishing of coffee product, tea, cups, napkins, lids, creamers, and snacks, etc.
- Stock and maintain an inventory of all items.
- Clean and organize all pantries on a daily basis.
- Ensure all dairy products are within date, clean and organize refrigerators on a weekly basis.
- Build and maintain relationships with outside vendors.
- Assist the Facilities Team with minor tasks.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Work additional hours as needed to fulfill job requirements, which can include assisting with onsite events after hours.
The above essential functions represent the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position and is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. The Firm may modify and amend any job description at any time in its sole discretion.
- Minimum of 1 year of Hospitality or customer service focused position required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to develop positive working relationships (in-person and virtually).
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with effective organizational skills.
- Proven problem solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to reason and make sound judgment.
- Must have the ability to perform all competencies within the required time frames.
- Ability to manage time in a high-pressure, deadline driven environment and complete tasks successfully.
- Must possess good basic mathematic skills.
- Unquestioned integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to use an online booking tool (EMS) to track requests.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams).
- Proficient in web-based conference call/web-sharing applications.
- Promote positive work habits, including effective and timely communication, teamwork, and demonstrating respect for colleagues.
- Contribute to providing the highest quality of service to internal and external clients.
- Take appropriate initiative and ownership of job responsibilities while ensuring the assignments/job duties are performed successfully and on time.
- Understand and abide by Firm policies and embrace Firm values.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and work regularly scheduled hours.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, type, and handle light lifting (files, copy paper, etc.) in a professional office environment.
- Comply with safe work practices including compliance with the Firm’s COVID-19 policies and safety measures.
Blank Rome is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Our core values of respect for the individual, the community, and the law are clearly demonstrated in our ability to recruit and develop a diverse group of exceptionally talented attorneys and professional staff who enable us to best serve our clients and our communities.